- Separate the Eggs into two bowls, whisk the egg whites till they form soft peaks. In the Egg yolks add the remaining ingredients and whisk.
- Fold the mixture into the egg whites.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium/high heat, adding a little oil to the pan to stop sticking.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, leave a few mins and flip. Cook until done.
Makes approx. 10 small pancakes
Its a while since I’ve done a blog post as I’ve been working really long hrs recently and not been able to get out much never mind sit at my computer and write something. I thought id do something different today and give you one of my current favourite recipes. The flapjacks are full of seeds, oats and mixed fruit, really easy to make and taste awesome! Nice daytime snack when your really active, avoiding processed foods.
1. Preheat your oven to 180*C. Measure out the oats and seeds, adding them to a pan with a tsp of oil to brown off.
2. When brown put in a large bowl with the sugar, olive oil and fruit, mixing well to combine then add the golden syrup. Mix until you get a sticky mixture that holds together.
3. Wet your hands and give it a quick squeeze to get it all to stick together. I have a square tin mould that I used or you can use a baking tin, (make sure the tin(s) are oiled before use). Push the mixture down into the tin to get a good equal bake.
4. Put in oven for 30mins if baking as one big chunk, (20mins if baking like mine). Leave to cool in tin before removing.
Store: In a tupperware box, should last about a week.